We’re looking for a personable, self-motivated, experienced, and detailed-oriented individual to lead digital media strategy and campaign execution at our B2B agency. The Digital Media Director will be a central resource and go-to expert on all matters relating to digital media for both internal staff and Spear clients, including companies like Amazon, Dropbox, and Microsoft. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious media professional looking to take the next step in his/her career and build a department at a leading, fast-growing B2B agency.
The ideal candidate will be expected (very quickly, if not immediately) to have ready expertise and knowledge in (at minimum):
- Google Ads, Bing and other SEM (Paid Search) channels
- Social Media Advertising (e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Programmatic Advertising (e.g. AdRoll, Choozle, ListenLoop)
- Account-Based Advertising (e.g. Terminus, Demandbase)
- Google Analytics
Additional skills, experience and expertise that are a plus but not required include:
- Copywriting Best Practices
- Landing Page Optimization/Strategy
- Content Syndication (e.g. Integrate, Madison Logic)
- Marketing Automation (e.g. Marketo, Hubspot, Pardot)
The Digital Media Director will be chartered with not only driving client success and satisfaction, but also overall digital media strategy for the agency. In that role, he or she will be responsible for making sure that the larger Spear account team – and by extension, Spear clients – are aware of, and leveraging, cutting edge digital media technologies, strategies, and best practices.
The expectation is that the director aggressively and proactively drives media business to where paid media is a core part of Spear’s overall success. He or she will have primary responsibility for:
- Designing, setting up and managing/monitoring clients’ digital advertising campaigns, to include (but not limited to): SEM, Social Media Advertising, Programmatic, ABM
- Conducting, creating, and presenting SEO (website, blog) and Paid Media (Google Ads, Paid Social, Programmatic) audits
- Developing and presenting digital media plans for clients and prospective clients
- Establishing close working relationships with key media partners and outside vendors
- Managing Spear’s own Social Media Advertising campaigns on Google Ads and LinkedIn
- Working with the Client Service and Business Development teams to offer strategic advice on which media channels and programs are the best fit for a particular client
- As the go-to media expert, staying knowledgeable about the latest developments in digital media strategy, channels, tactics, benchmarks, etc. and being proactive about sharing that same knowledge with the larger Spear team to ensure that the agency brings cutting-edge digital media strategy to its client engagements
- Cross-department training with Spear team to ensure that writers, designers, account executives, and operations team are kept fully informed about requirements (specs) and best practices for effective digital advertising
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years experience in B2B digital media, preferably in a client-facing, agency or consulting role, and experience setting up and managing a range of digital media programs. He or she should be comfortable generating and analyzing reports in Microsoft Excel, Google Analytics, and other reporting and ad tracking tools. Initiative, polished presentation, aptitude for digital writing, strong communication skills, and a willingness to generate ideas and drive improvement is key.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years experience and demonstrable knowledge in B2B digital media management and relevant best practices
- Excellent communicator and creative thinker, with an ability to use both data and intuition to inform decisions
- Collaborative work style and ability to work with multiple stakeholders (client, account team, creative, business development) to meet common goals
- Familiarity with UX/UI, Google docs/sheets, text editors, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, WordPress, basic HTML/CSS, MOZ, SemRush, and SpyFu are a plus
- Flexible schedule with ability to work from home
For consideration send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.