Join our team at Spear Marketing Group, a fast-growing B2B demand generation agency that works with leading B2B companies to drive leads and revenue .
At Spear , we value innovation, creativity, and collaboration, and offer a flexible, supportive and collaborative work environment. Ours is a fast-paced, dynamic, 100% remote work environment founded on a commitment to work-life balance. This is an ideal challenge for a marketing technologist looking for a new challenge, the opportunity to lead a team, and the variety that comes from working on a range of technical engagements.
As the Director of Marketing Operations and Technology, you’ll be responsible for the growth and success of our marketing technology team. You’ll lead and manage a team of marketing automation and Web development professionals, ensuring that they’re consistently supported and providing the best possible service to our clients. You’ll also work closely with the leadership team, as well as colleagues in business development, creative, media, operations, and client services, to develop and implement strategic plans to increase business opportunities in the MOPs market.
- Manage a team of marketing automation and technology experts, conducting bi-weekly team meetings and one-on-ones, setting goals, providing training and support, and resolving issues.
- Provide hands-on project work, especially for more challenging tasks involving new tech or unusual requirements.
- Define and document key areas of responsibility across the MOPs team, highlighting areas of improvement and supporting adoptions.
- Support operations with new contracts by providing input to time estimates, developing existing project templates and scopes to adjust for market changes and growth opportunities.
- Work with the traffic manager to allocate resources based on timelines and availability, ensuring that work is evenly distributed and team members are working on projects that match their skills and experience.
- Stay current on major marketing automation platforms and Salesforce, as well as any new technologies that pop up.
- Attend cross-departmental meetings to ensure alignment and collaboration across the agency.
- Monitor client projects and deliverables, keeping track of who is working on what and where they may need help, and stepping in to handle any client issues.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in MarTech, determining which trends are important for the team to be knowledgeable in and contributing to thought leadership content and development of specs and hour allotment.
- Develop and implement a more efficient system for messaging and assigning tasks across the MOPs team, reducing bottlenecks and improving response times.
- Work with the team to improve time management, ensuring that MOPs work is completed within expected timelines.
- Collaborate with the account team to better allocate time and resources for MOPs work.
- Streamline the management of the team of contractors, optimizing their workflows and processes to address challenges in team efficiency and productivity.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A strategic marketing background that includes MarTech.
- Strong Marketo and Salesforce background.
- Technical account management (TAM) abilities, including project management, good client-facing skills, ability to talk to a non-technical audience, ability to translate business goals into marketing/tech strategy, etc. without the guidance of customer support.
- Agency/consulting background preferred.
- Experience managing a team of contractors and addressing issues related to team efficiency and productivity.
- Proven track record of implementing effective systems for messaging and task management.
- Ability to lead a team and communicate effectively to reduce bottlenecks and improve workflow.
- Experience managing time and resources for MOPs-heavy work.
- Strong understanding of the value and complexity of MOPs work and the ability to communicate this to others.
- Experience working collaboratively with account teams to achieve common goals.
- A proactive and positive approach to promoting the value of MOPs work and the role of the MOPs team within the agency.
- 10+ years of marketing experience, with agency experience strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of Marketo experience (Marketo Certified Expert required).
- Salesforce proficiency (certification preferred).
- Experience with other automation platforms (Pardot, HubSpot, Iterable, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.).
- Experience managing a B2B tech stack (e.g., reporting tools, ABM platforms, data vendors, etc.).
- 2+ years of management experience.
- If you’re ready to take on a challenging and rewarding role as the Director of Marketing Operations and Technology at Spear Marketing Group, we encourage you to apply today.
For consideration, please send resume and cover email to email@example.com.