Spear is a leading, fast-growing B2B demand generation agency for whom technology is at the core of the strategies, programs, and campaigns we design, execute, and manage for our clients. We’re looking for a seasoned martech pro to lead our technology practice and manage a team of high-performing marketing automation specialists and Web developers. This is a remote position.
The ideal candidate can show demonstrated expertise in marketing automation (Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot) and related technologies. He/she is someone who is comfortable driving strategy and interfacing with clients but who can also “dig in” and solve technical issues hands-on when needed.
- Evaluate, allocate, and shuffle team resources to client assignments and internal projects based on bandwidth, experience/expertise, client fit, and personality
- Review contract language for technical accuracy, provide time estimates, monitor billable hours
- Manage a team of 5-10 technical specialists and developers at remote locations via bi-weekly team meetings (video calls) and one-on-ones; coordinate and drive goal setting, certifications, professional development, training, issue resolution
- Stay current on marketing technology, and advise the client service and business development team on viability and suitability of specific technologies for client needs
- Participate in bi-weekly client service meetings (video calls), technology partner meetings, meetings with creative and operations team; help drive inter-department alignment and collaboration
- Help monitor up to 100 concurrent client projects and deliverables: review Asana posts and project requests, review requested deliverables, keep track of bandwidth and where resources may need to be added or shifted, step in as needed to help mitigate any client issues
- Proactively identify and drive continuous improvement through documenting best practices, developing templates, posting information on Guru
- Stay on top of martech trends – new technologies, strategies, etc. and share information with tech team and the broader organization via both internal tools (e.g., Slack, Guru) and external thought leadership (blogs, contributions to webinars, blogs, articles)
- Strong background in Marketing Automation (preferably Marketo, Pardot, Hubspot) and CRM (Salesforce)
- Experience with B2B Martech tools such as reporting, ABM, data/CDP, attribution
- Demonstrated aptitude for execution and management of highly technical projects
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills, especially to a non-technical audience
- Ability to translate client business goals into marketing, martech strategy
- Agency/consulting background
- Marketo Certified Expert
- Experience with other marketing automation platforms (HubSpot and Pardot a plus)
- Salesforce proficiency or certification
- Understands front-end web development in the context of marketing technology (e.g., email and landing page templates)
- Strong personal brand and enthusiasm for social media and thought leadership
- 2+ years management experience
For consideration, please send resume and cover email to email@example.com.