The Marketing Automation & Technology Manager is a role within Spear to support the growth of the team responsible for the technology stack for our clients. As the agency grows we are looking to find someone that can assume a more strategic role, supporting the company with planning, operations and proactively supporting our team.
This role will maintain a billable client component of marketing operations work but a majority of the position will be to support the growth of the department in Spear.
- MOPs work: Hands on project work, especially more challenging tasks involving new tech or unusual requirements.
- MOPs process: Help define and document key areas of responsibility across the MOPs team, highlighting areas of improvement and supporting adoptions.
- Costing: Support Ops with new contracts by providing input to time estimates, developing existing project templates and scopes to adjust for market changes and growth opportunities.
- Team management: Conduct a bi-weekly team meeting for client status updates, bi-weekly 1:1s with the Marketing Automation team, goal setting/certifications/growth, training, issue resolution. Support team in projects outside their wheelhouse.
- Resource Allocation: Who has the experience/is a good match? Does work need to be shuffled between resources to even things out? You’ll be working with our traffic manager to set them up for project assignments based on timelines and availability.
- Tech SME: Stay current on major MAPs/SFDC as well as any tech that pops up.
- Cross departmental alignment: Bi-weekly – Creative Services meeting, AE huddles, Partner meeting w/ BD and CS; Monthly – Creative, Ops
- Client/Project monitoring: Read Asana posts, MA team deliverables (e.g. lead scoring or audit workbooks), keep track of who is working on what/where they may need help, step in to handle any client issues. Look for areas of friction that could be improved – e.g. documenting best practices around a topic for the team to pull from, creating templates to standardize deliverables, etc.
- Trend management: Ears to the ground: what’s trending in MarTech? New technologies, strategies, etc. Determine which trends are important for the team to be knowledgeable in and to what extent (e.g. have a high level, intelligent conversation with clients or do we need to be able to execute?). Contribute to thought leadership content, development of specs and hour allotment, develop templates for execution.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strategic Marketing background that includes MarTech
- Ideally someone with a strong Marketo & SFDC background
- Technical Account Manager (TAM) abilities – project management, good client facing skills, ability to talk to a non-technical audience, ability to translate business goals into marketing/tech strategy, etc. without the guidance of CS
- Agency/consulting background preferred
- Management experience
- 10+ years marketing experience, agency experience strongly preferred
- 5+ years Marketo experience (Marketo Certified Expert required)
- Salesforce proficiency (certification preferred)
- Experience with other automation platforms (Pardot, HubSpot, Iterable, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, etc.)
- Experience managing a B2B tech stack (e.g. reporting tools, ABM platforms, data vendors, ABM platforms, etc.)
- 2+ years management experience
For consideration, please send resume and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org.